The Cardiff Ambassadors’ Programme was launched at in March 2009. Its aim is to provide business leaders, academics, sports people and celebrities with the motivation and support needed to help them sell Cardiff to the world as an investment location and a destination of choice for conferences and events.
Over 500 Ambassadors have already been appointed and the number will continue to rise as more and more people become aware of the support made available as part of the Programme.
Would you like to become a Cardiff Ambassador?
Do you think you have the relevant networks or associations within your work and business environment where you could directly generate business revenue for the city through events, conferences or inward investment? Do you have the scope to raise the profile of Cardiff as a city where individuals can meet, study, live or do business? Are you based outside Cardiff but have an affinity with the city and would like to sing its praises?
If you’ve answered yes to any of these questions, we’d like to give you the support, materials and information you need to raise your own profile and that of Cardiff amongst your peers locally, nationally or on the international stage.
If you would like to register as a Cardiff Ambassador and learn more about the networking events that are organised or wish to receive regular communication/e-newsletters from us on new developments, venues etc. the please email email@example.com.
What will we do for you?
• We’ll give you detailed and up-to-date information on the Cardiff city-region as an investment destination
• We’ll supply you with the Cardiff DVD, publications, images and other marketing materials on the Cardiff city-region
• We’ll help you arrange visits to the city region by potential investors or conference organisers
• We’ll help you prepare bid documents for major investors or conference organisers
• We’ll help you find suitable meeting venues and accommodation for your contacts
• We’ll make available our on-line accommodation booking service should you successfully secure a conference for the city
• We’ll ensure that people you bring to the city have information on what to see and do and how to get around
• We’ll help you put together a social programme for investors or conference delegates
• We’ll put you in contact with suitable suppliers who can help you achieve your goals (should you find it helpful)
• We’ll regularly update you on developments in the Cardiff city-region
• We’ll ensure that you receive a high quality service
• We’ll encourage you to tell us about your successes so that we can celebrate them
What do we want you to do?
• You’ll champion the cause of the Cardiff city-region as an investment and conference destination
• You’ll tell your contacts and networks about what Cardiff has to offer
• Where relevant, you’ll use our marketing collateral to give your day-to-day presentations a Cardiff city-region flavour
• You’ll share the Cardiff DVD with as many people as possible
• You’ll tell us if you have been successful in securing the interest of an investor or conference organiser
• You’ll access our support to cultivate investment or conference leads
• You’ll promote the Cardiff Ambassadors programme and encourage others to sign up and join the network
• You’ll help us celebrate your achievements by attending Ambassador events
What are the benefits of becoming an Ambassador for Cardiff?
• Opportunity to raise the profile of your specialised area/expertise within your university, organisation or business
• Opportunity to enhance your own personal profile amongst your peers on a local, national and international level
• Potential career development or professional enhancement
• City recognition of the business and events you bring into Cardiff
• Opportunity to enhance the reputation of Cardiff as a centre of excellence for international events and commerce
• Opportunity to help instil investor and commercial confidence and enhance the profile and economic stability of the city
• Exploitation of the free conference and information service to support you when organising events or presenting proposals
If you would like to understand more about becoming a Cardiff Ambassador, then please e-mail us on firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you.
If you are an academic, are currently located at any of our universities and are interested in brining a conference to the city, please contact Cardiff Convention Bureau on 029 2087 1846.
For further details contact us: