In 2012, Cardiff became one of the first 10 UK cities to become ‘super-connected’ as part of the Government’s multi-million pound investment in ultrafast broadband. The project has created “superconnected cities” delivering high-speed, high-quality, seamless broadband to businesses.
Since receiving the investment, Digital Cardiff has delivered the following for the City of Cardiff:
- 97% of premises housing Superfast Broadband
- Free to access unique Contiguous Cloud covering the high footfall areas
- City wide 4G coverage
- Free Wi-Fi on Cardiff Buses
- Free Wi-Fi in over 150 public building in Cardiff
- City wide ubiquitous Broadband coverage for residents
- City coverage for 1GB for businesses available as standard
- The Cardiff Internet Exchange (IX Cardiff) has opened in the Central Enterprise Zone, providing the 2nd largest number of customers connected outside of London.
For more information, please visit www.digitalcardiff.net