In 2012, Cardiff became one of the first 10 UK cities to become ‘super-connected’ as part of the Government’s multi-million pound investment in ultrafast broadband. The project has created “superconnected cities” delivering high-speed, high-quality, seamless broadband to businesses.
Since receiving the investment, the city has received the following digital benefits:
- 97% of premises housing Superfast Broadband
- Free to access unique Contiguous Cloud covering the high footfall areas
- City wide 4G coverage
- Free Wi-Fi on Cardiff Buses
- Free Wi-Fi in over 150 public building in Cardiff
- City wide ubiquitous Broadband coverage for residents
- City coverage for 1GB for businesses available as standard
- The Cardiff Internet Exchange (IX Cardiff) has opened in the Central Enterprise Zone, providing the 2nd largest number of customers connected outside of London.
For more information on the free Wi-Fi in the City Centre, Cardiff Bay, buses and public buildings, click here