Cardiff is in every sense a capital city. Young, diverse, fast growing and vibrant, the capital of Wales has an enviable reputation for its connected business community, world-class sports venues, rich cultural heritage and a lifestyle that ranks among the best in Europe.
With excellent transport links, super-fast broadband, attractive operating costs and talented workforce, Cardiff has established itself as one of Europe’s best-connected and most competitive business locations.
- Capital city of Wales
- Closest European capital to London
- Capital Region population of 1.5 million
- Projected to be the fastest growing UK Core City over the next two decades
- 57% of the workforce in Cardiff is qualified to degree level (NVQ4+)
- 69% of the population of working age
- 70,000 students across 3 city universities
- Cardiff’s GVA is growing at a faster rate (5.7%) than the other UK Core Cities
- One of the UK’s fastest growing creative sectors outside of London
- One of the UK’s largest financial and professional services sectors outside of London
- One of the most connected UK cities with 98.43% of homes and businesses having access to superfast broadband